The inspiration for the name of the college comes from the document Magna Carta, signed 15th June 1215, which was the first document to put into writing the principle that the king and his government was not above the law. It sought to prevent the king from exploiting his power, and placed limit s of royal authority by establishing law as a power in itself.
The college, an independent business school, was founded in 2008 by Professor David Faulkner while Professor of Strategy at Royal Holloway, University of London, which is located close by the site of the signing of the Charter by King John and the English Barons, at Runnymede. Just as the Great Charter brought democracy to the citizens, the college’s mission is to bring the best available teaching to a global community of citizens.
Magna Carta College is officially recognised by the Uk Government: https://www.gov.uk/check-a-university-is-officially-recognised/listed-bodies
Why choose Magna Carta College?
- UK Universities, especially Oxford and Cambridge, have taught hundreds of world leaders: our faculty are from these universities, and they bring with them some of the best teaching methods, experience and insights available
- Our student community is truly global, and we bring extensive professional experience to our programmes
- We have taught and studied all over the world
- We know from our alumni how indispensable our teaching has been in helping them understand the business challenges they face, and how they can adapt their skillsets and leadership qualities to have greater impact, greater potential and greater value
*Important Information about Magna Carta College*
- The current Magna Carta College was created on the 24 Jan 2017 as a change of name from The Global Business School Oxford
- The reason for this name change was that the founders and present owners of Magna Carta College had a college of this name from 2008 to 2012, when the change in UK visa regulations – a limit on the number of years non-European Union students could spend studying – made it well-nigh impossible to run a private higher education face-to-face college in the UK
- Any comments negative or otherwise regarding Magna Carta College that refer to activity between 2012 and 2017 refer to a totally different enterprise, with which the current owners and staff have and had no connection whatsoever
- The original Magna Carta College (2008 to 2012) had a very high reputation, and this new incarnation (post Jan 2017) is rebuilding this reputation
Further general details can be provided by the Dean, Professor David Faulkner, and specifically in relation to the detail of the courses by the Deputy Dean, Professor David Newton by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. David Faulkner
Magna Carta College